Wasps nest puts family at peril by causing carbon monoxide buildup

By nfpa@jiveon.com Wasps put a family at risk in Bellevue, Washington recently. Firefighters were called to the home because the carbon monoxide alarms were sounding. The home registered elevated levels of carbon monoxide. Firefighters discovered that wasps built a nest in

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

With public displays cancelled, video urges people to avoid consumer fireworks and burden on front line workers

By nfpa@jiveon.com Each year at this time, NFPA encourages the public to attend fireworks displays put on by trained professionals,…

One department’s Fire Prevention Week activities wouldn’t be complete without three essentials

By nfpa@jiveon.com The Angleton Volunteer Fire Department, of Angleton, Texas, orders Fire Prevention Week in a Box because it provides…

Story documents homebuilder dollars and political resources aimed at fighting requirements for home fire sprinklers

By nfpa@jiveon.com Take a behind-the-scenes look at how money and power are negatively impacting the safety of today’s homes. Two…