Translation

Two house fires, days apart, result in starkly different outcomes due to sprinklers

By Fred Durso, Jr. Earlier this month, an unattended candle was the catalyst for a house fire in Utah that was deemed a total loss by the North Tooele County Fire District. Per a report by a Fox affiliate in Salt Lake City, a man, woman, and dog were able to escape the blaze, initiated by a candle inside a master closet that ignited nearby clothing.The end result was the loss of their home, with the damage estimated to be $300,000. Ten days later, fire service members in the not-too-distant town of Layton arrived to the scene of a house fire and witnessed the…

Source:: NFPA – Fire Sprinkler Initiative


Related Articles

New Jersey home fire sprinkler bill aimed at protecting firefighters and public moves to full Assembly

By nfpa@jiveon.com By a unanimous vote the New Jersey Assembly Housing and Community Development Committee moved to the full Assembly…

Following news report questioning state sprinkler requirement, sprinkler activation extinguishes fire on victim

By Fred Durso, Jr. Media outlets in Maryland continue to produce slanted stories on the impact of the state’s sprinkler…

Injury prevention expert urges participation in National Burn Awareness activities

By nfpa@jiveon.com Karla Klas, BSN, RN, CCRP, manages the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center’s nationally acclaimed community and family-centered…