Translation

Tragedy brings home heating safety into focus

title

By Lisa Braxton

Space heaters have been identified as the cause of a house fire in Columbia, South Carolina, Saturday morning in which a husband and wife died. According to The State, fire officials say that the home had multiple space heaters. The investigation continues.

The peak months for home heating fires are December, January, and February. NFPA’s safety information on heating, including the safety tips sheet, offers precautions residents can take while heating their homes.

Related articles

Let NFPA held you get prepared for winter safety
Texas fire officials focus on space heater as cause of house fire

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Following statement from sprinkler opponent that “nobody is dying in new homes,” child dies from fire in home built just months ago

By nfpa@jiveon.com A six-year-old girl from Connecticut recently died in a fire in a home built only months ago. Her…

Sparky checks off bucket list item #6: Visit the Alamo

By Audrey Cooney Sparky got to visit the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. Built in 1744 by Spanish missionaries, the…

How NFPA and its partners have spent the last 20 years making fire sprinklers a household name

By nfpa@jiveon.com Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC) founding members with HFSC spokesperson and home improvement expert Ron Hazelton after a…