Translation

Small stove fire offers cooking safety reminder

title

By Lisa Braxton

Police in Altoona, Pennsylvania, say dogs trying to get at a box of cupcakes left on top of a stove apparently started a small fire in a home there earlier this week.

According to the dogs.That’s when the landlord saw a small stovetop fire and called firefighters.

Police say it appears the dogs were trying to get into the cupcakes and not only knocked off the stove’s control knobs, but turned on the stove, causing the fire.

The fire has been ruled accidental. Nobody was injured.

NFPA’s Cooking Safety tips sheet stresses the importance of keeping anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop. The tips sheet and community toolkit on cooking safety for the fire service include additional tips on fire safety in the kitchen.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

In latest issue of NFPA’s Fire Sprinkler Initiative newsletter, fire death in new home prompts safety advocates to action

By nfpa@jiveon.com In the November edition of NFPA’s Fire Sprinkler Initiative newsletter, read how a recent death of a six-year-old…

NFPA celebrates 15th anniversary of Firewise Communities Program; honors nine pilot communities for their continued wildfire risk reduction activities

The nine sites being honored are among the first participants in the program’s volunteer grassroots local risk reduction model. In…

Smoking materials fire displaces 22 in New York State

By Lisa Braxton Ten adults and 11 children were displaced from their homes earlier this week after an apartment building…