Translation

Oily rags at the center of recent spontaneous fire at museum

By nfpa@jiveon.com A recent three-alarm fire that damaged the State Police Museum & Learning Center in Grafton, Massachusetts, broke out spontaneously when rags and sawdust tossed together in a plastic bag heated up and ignited, the state fire marshal said. According

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Celebrate Earth Day with Sparky the Fire Dog by completing our Earth Smarts checklist

By Lauren Backstrom It’s Earth Day, and Sparky loves to celebrate with fun activities that help the environment. His Cool-to-Do…

NFPA responds to critique of home fire sprinklers and claim that the fire service will financially benefit from sprinkler requirements

By Fred Durso, Jr. NFPA President Jim Pauley NFPA’s Fire Sprinkler Initiative team came across a blog post written by…

New NFPA report details upholstered furniture’s role in home fire deaths and injuries

By nfpa@jiveon.com You might pay no mind to what’s filling your home’s comfy sofas, but you should; fire safety experts…