Translation

Officials state that unattended grilling is at the center of college campus fire

By nfpa@jiveon.com According to fire officials, the weekend dormitory fire that displaced more than 70 at Dartmouth College, in Hanover, New Hampshire, was caused by students using a hibachi grill on the roof of the building. The overnight fire took hours to put out,

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

In state with one of the worst fire death rates, safety advocates want all new homes sprinklered

By nfpa@jiveon.com According to NFPA’s “U.S. Fire Death Rates by State” report released last year, South Carolina has one of…

NFPA article details water supplier concerns with home fire sprinklers and how the facts are helping them change their opinions

By nfpa@jiveon.com In a special issue dedicated to home fire sprinklers, NFPA Journal tackles water quality concerns with this technology…

In August issue of Safety Source newsletter: new campus fire safety info, Sparky video, FPW Challenge & more

By Lauren Backstrom The August issue of Safety Source, NFPA’s public education enewsletter, is now available for viewing. In this…