Translation

July is national grilling month – play it fire safe!

title

By LisaMarie Sinatra

It’s July and you know what that means! Summer meals on the grill! What better way to celebrate our love of food than with ingredients cooked over an open flame. YUM!

While you’re preparing your next meal and gathering friends and family together, don’t forget to keep safety in mind. Here are a few tips that can help reduce your risk of injuries and structure damage from grill fires:

  • Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
  • The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
  • Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
  • Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
  • Never leave your grill unattended.

Want more great tips? Check out our grilling safety page for videos, tip sheets and more. Got a favorite recipe you plan on dishing out this month? Let us know. We’re always looking for new menu ideas. In need of inspiration? Check out the latest recipes from our partners at Stop & Shop and Martha Stewart.com for some great suggestions. On each site you’ll find everything from how to grill corn on the cob to preparing a beautiful table.

Make your safety and the safety of your guests a priority this month. Enjoy the bounty of the fresh, colorful food summer brings us, and grill it safely. NFPA is here to help. Visit us today!

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Plan for fire safety at seasonal homes

By nfpa@jiveon.com Spring is when many people decide to open up their seasonal houses, cabins, and cottages. An important part…

Sparky checks off bucket list item #34: Enjoys 20 hours of daylight in Nunavut, Canada

By nfpa@jiveon.com Some of us may take for granted that during the daytime hours, we have light, and at night,…

Just installed smoke alarms credited with alerting family to fire

By Lisa Braxton Smoke alarms installed in a South Lubbock, Texas, home are credited with saving the family inside when…