Hot oil left unattended in wok sparks blaze in Australian restaurant

by Michael S. Williams | August 19, 2014 12:00 pm

By LisaMarie Sinatra

This short but to-the-point article in an Australian newspaper reminded me that no matter where we live in the world, fire safety is and should remain one of our top priorities.

According to

It’s easy to forget or ignore the easy things when we’re in the throes of our busy lives, but let’s see if we can remember these three simple, but life saving messages:

Keep an eye on what you fry
Be alert when cooking
Keep things that can catch fire away from cooking area

According to NFPA, unattended cooking was by far the leading contributing factor in cooking fires. …read more[1]

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information

Endnotes:
  1. …read more: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/nfpapubliceducation/~3/TieQrMO3iho/hot-oil-left-unattended-in-wok-sparks-blaze-in-australian-restaurant.html

Source URL: https://www.cafsti.org/news/industry-news/hot-oil-left-unattended-in-wok-sparks-blaze-in-australian-restaurant/