Translation

Fireplace is ruled the cause of fire at NFL coach’s home

title

By Lisa Braxton

A fire earlier this week at the home of Carolina Panthers Coach Ron Rivera underscores the importance of heating safety. According to ESPN.com, 55 firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire at the Rivera home in the early morning hours on Monday. They found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home when they arrived and had to cut a hole in the roof to get it under control.

Everyone got out safely. The Charlotte Fire Department ruled the fire accidental and caused by the fireplace. Rivera is quoted as saying that his brothers had been watching football all day and the fireplace was on for a number of hours. He said at bedtime the fireplace was shut down but it somehow “smoldered and kicked into high gear later.”

Rivera had high praise for the work of the Charlotte Fire Department. “It’s a heck of a thing to watch their teamwork.When you talk about teamwork, they were tremendous.”

Related articles

My $400 mistake is reinforcing important lessons on fire safety
Smoke alarm safety message is told through engaging video

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

This is what NFPA found when it surveyed America’s state fire marshals on home fire sprinklers

By nfpa@jiveon.com NFPA recently convened some of America’s top fire safety leaders during its State Fire Marshals Forum held in…

Firewise and USAA team up on program to help protect New Mexico and Utah neighborhoods

USAA policyholders living in recognized Firewise Communities/USA® sites in New Mexico and Utah can now receive discounts on their homeowners…

Get a kick out of NFPA Fire Safety Sports Box

By Lisa Braxton Youth sporting events are the perfect venue to reach the kids, parents, and family members with the…