Translation

Fire officials say Christmas tree lights sparked fatal fire in Utah

By nfpa@jiveon.com A Utah couple has died after faulty Christmas tree lights sparked a fire at their home just north of Salt Lake City. Investigators believe the husband and wife used a fire extinguisher to try to put out the flames but were overcome by smoke. South Davis

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

NFPA celebrates 15th anniversary of Firewise Communities Program; honors nine pilot communities for their continued wildfire risk reduction activities

The nine sites being honored are among the first participants in the program’s volunteer grassroots local risk reduction model. In…

New homes aren’t new forever: Examining the myth that today’s dwellings are safer than ever

By Fred Durso, Jr. A few recent home fires in the news got my attention. The most recent occurred on…

NFPA updates its educational messaging around sleeping with a door closed

By nfpa@jiveon.com Should you sleep with your bedroom door opened or closed? It’s a straightforward question, but the answer isn’t…