Translation

Electrical fire in Maryland causes significant damage, death of pets

By nfpa@jiveon.com Two cats are dead in the aftermath of a fire at a townhouse this week in Edgewood, Maryland. According to WBFF-TV, the electrical fire caused $80,000 in structural damage, and $20,000 in content lost. The home’s smoke alarm system was working.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Sparky checks off bucket list items #56 & #57: Visits NASA’s Kennedy Space Center & Experiences Space Camp at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center

By nfpa@jiveon.com Sparky “blasted” off two bucket list items after visiting NASA’s Kennedy Space Center and experiencing Space Camp at…

Ignoring the sound of the carbon monoxide alarm put an Indiana family in the hospital

By nfpa@jiveon.com An Indiana family is recovering after suffering carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in their home over the weekend. According…

Fire official reminds community that safety equipment is as important in RV’s as in traditional housing

By nfpa@jiveon.com A fifth-wheel recreational vehicle (RV) was destroyed by fire on Friday evening in Bend, Oregon. When fire crews…