Early Morning Cooking Fire Displaces Family


By Kelly Ransdell

I am in the middle of remodeling my kitchen and have been enjoying eating out for a few days. But I do miss using my stovetop and oven since they’ve been missing in action. An early morning fire yesterday in Memphis, Tenn. that I read about in is a great reminder to me about taking safety precautions in the kitchen when my remodeling is done. Thanks to a working smoke alarm, the family was able to get out of their home and call the fire department. Firefighters near Memphis reminded citizens to never leave food unattended while cooking and to always have working smoke alarms. In addition, residents can call the Memphis Fire Department to have their smoke alarms checked or replaced. The Memphis house fire reminds us that unattended cooking fires can happen any time of year and time of day. As the Memorial Day holiday approaches, let’s take a look at NFPA’s many safety tips designed to keep your family safe. Visit Cooking Fire Safety Central to get a refresher on all types of cooking precautions. The cooking infographic is a great addition for social media and the short informational videos can be used all year. Bon appétit! Here’s to a safe start to summer.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information

Related Articles

Couple rushed to the hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning while boating

By A weekend boating excursion took a bad turn when a man and woman had to be rushed to…

NFPA presents awards for contributions in fire and life safety at NFPA Conference and Expo

he National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) presented four awards to recognize outstanding achievements in fire and life safety at NFPA’s…

Partnership announces 2017 Wildfire Mitigation Awardees

The Wildfire Mitigation Awards committee has announced the 2017 Wildfire Mitigation Award winners. Established in 2014, the awards are the…