Deadly carbon monoxide incident involving married couple of Colorado firefighters reinforces importance of adequate detection during winter

Above: Central City Fire Lt. Cody Allen, 29, and his wife, volunteer Firefighter Shelby Nation Allen, 27, were found unresponsive in their Central City, CO home, according to Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office officials.
A married couple of Colorado firefighters died last week in their home from accidental carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, according to local reports, although the source of the carbon…

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Latest Fire Sprinkler Initiative newsletter highlights advocates receiving up to $10,000 for sprinkler advocacy

By Fred Durso, Jr. Through its Bringing Safety Home Grant Program, NFPA’s Fire Sprinkler Initiative awarded sprinkler advocates across North…

New 10-minute mini-lesson focuses on calling 9-1-1 from a mobile phone

By Lisa Braxton The majority of 9-1-1 calls are made from mobile phones these days. It’s important for kids to…

It’s not too late to get FPW materials

By Lisa Braxton “Hear the Beep Where You Sleep. Every Bedroom Needs a Working Smoke Alarm!” The 2015 Fire Prevention…