Arkansas man says smoke alarm saved his life

By nfpa@jiveon.com A Jonesboro, Arkansas, man says he is alive, thanks to his smoke alarm. According to KTRE-TV, Clarence Hunter said that he was at the stove cooking Tuesday and stepped away for a few seconds. He said when his smoke alarm sounded, he realized that the

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

In the February issue of Safety Source: carbon monoxide toolkit, barn fire safety checklist, electrical safety infographic & more

By Lauren Backstrom The February issue of Safety Source, NFPA’s public education enewsletter, is now available for viewing. In this…

New home sprinkler requirement in Minnesota takes effect this month

By Fred Durso, Jr. Strong, public support for home fire sprinklers by Minnesota fire service officials and the state’s governor…

Losing his fiancee in historic fire, burn survivor describes painful aftermath

By Fred Durso, Jr. In his previous post, NFPA blogger Rob Feeney discussed the nightmares and realities he experienced following…