Arc Flash the Subject of Additional Interview for Faces of Fire/Electrical Hazard Awareness Video Series

In August 2004, Don Johnson, an electrician from Florida, was at work connecting a client’s backup generator for use during an impending hurricane when a failure of his rotation tester or a loose clip shorted out in a 4,000 amp/480-volt switchgear section he was working on, creating an arc flash event that destroyed much of the equipment and blew him against a wall nearly killing him. Johnson…

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

How to deliver an effective call to action for home fire sprinklers

By Fred Durso, Jr. Giving a presentation that showcases home fire sprinklers? Maybe it’s a live burn/sprinkler demonstration or an…

NFPA and The Center for Campus Fire Safety raise student awareness of fire hazards in on- and off-campus housing during September and October

September is Campus Fire Safety Month and this year the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and The Center for Campus…

Thousands learn of the dangers of sky lanterns

By Lisa Braxton Sky lanterns have become increasingly popular as a way to celebrate. But they pose a serious fire…