Traduction

Vacation venue offers reminder about battery precautions

title

By Lisa Braxton

While I was vacationing in Spain last week, in the city of Málaga, the southernmost large city in Europe, I was drawn to the exotic horticulture of a nearby park and the architecture and designer shopping boutiques at a popular plaza. But one of the discoveries I made that sticks most in my mind is a depository I came across at the foot of the plaza near a busy intersection.

Sponsored by Málaga Town Hall, the depository, which stands about four feet tall, is a place where people can safely drop off their used batteries. The receptacle is positioned near the entrance of the plaza, which draws hundreds of pedestrians per hour.

It’s a reminder that batteries can be a fire hazardous. NFPA’s 9-volt Battery Safety tips sheet explains why 9-volt batteries can be dangerous, and provides information on their proper storage and disposal.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Fire chief puts out blaze sparked by bizarre lightning strike

By Lisa Braxton In Glen Rock, New Jersey, this week a lightning strike sparked a fire at a house and

Arkansas man says smoke alarm saved his life

By nfpa@jiveon.com A Jonesboro, Arkansas, man says he is alive, thanks to his smoke alarm. According to KTRE-TV, Clarence Hunter

Smoke alarm safety is a family affair

By Lisa Braxton Conversations I’ve had with my sister recently about smoke alarm safety have paid off. For months, Sylvia