Traduction

Texas fire officials focus on space heater as cause of house fire

title

By Lisa Braxton

Two brothers are recovering from burn injuries after a fire at their home this week, which fire officials say originated by a space heater. The fire occurred in the Huntsville, Texas, area. According to The Huntsville Item, one brother suffered severe burns to his upper body as well as smoke inhalation. The other brother reported that he woke up to a fire near a portable space heater plugged into an extension cord. He was able to crawl out of a window and suffered minor burns and cuts. Fire investigators report that the home had no working smoke alarms.

  • Space heaters should be plugged directly into a wall outlet and never into an extention cord or power strip.
  • Turn heaters off or when you leave the room.
  • Have a three-foot safety zone around open fires and space heaters.

More space heater safety tips are available on the NFPA website.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Homeowners work with builder to equip new home with fire sprinklers

By nfpa@jiveon.com It’s not everyday you hear about a homebuilder having positive things to say about home fire sprinklers. Cependant,…

More and more fire service members making a point to mention fire sprinklers at scene of home fires

Par Fred Durso, Jr. Rightfully so, smoke alarms typically get a mention at the scene of home fires. In front

Eye-catching sprinkler demo video featured in latest edition of NFPA’s Fire Sprinkler Initiative newsletter

By nfpune@jiveon.com You’ve never seen a fire sprinkler demonstration video quite like this. In the latest edition of NFPA’s Fire