Traduction

Smoke alarms were central to homeowner’s safe escape

title

By Lisa Braxton

A homeowner and several pets were able to escape a fire that ripped through a home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, last week. According to Tulsa World, the blaze occurred in the morning.

Fire officials say the fire began in the living room of the single-story home before spreading.

Smoke alarms alerted the homeowner, and he and several dogs and cats were able to escape without injury.

Fire investigators at the scene said an overturned kerosene lamp ignited the fire.

This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Hear the Beep Where You Sleep. Every Bedroom Needs a Working Smoke Alarm,” reminds us that half of home fire deaths result from fires reported between 11 p.m. et 7 a.m. when most people are asleep and that it is essential to have working smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.

In addition to FPW materials, NFPA’s Smoke Alarm Central, as well as the community toolkit on smoke alarm safety provide resources the fire service can use when conducting safety presentations to the public.

Related articles

Practice makes a difference when fire strikes home of fire safety educator

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Sparky checks off bucket list item #24: Walk the Freedom Trail in Boston

By nfpa@jiveon.com Sparky visited Boston to walk the Freedom Trail, a collection of 16 historical sites that all have ties

Domino’s and NFPA kick off Fire Prevention Week program at Detroit Fire Department

By nfpune@jiveon.com A Detroit mom and daughter receive the first smoke alarm check and pizza delivery from Domino’s in celebration

NFPA launches Fire Protection Engineering Support Fund at Oklahoma State University, University of Maryland and Worcester Polytechnic Institute

The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the leading information and knowledge resource on fire, electrical and related hazards, has created