Traduction

Smoke alarms play critical role during attic fire

title

By Lisa Braxton

If a two-story house in Weymouth, Massachusetts, had not had working smoke alarms, the outcome of a recent fire could have been far different. Smoke alarms alerted the people living in the home to a fire in the attic. Everyone was able to escape safely.

According to the Weymouth News, the fire department got the 911 call at about 4 in the morning. Fire crews located the fire in the walls and ceiling of the attic. The blaze appears to have been caused by faulty electrical work.

Fire officials say the blaze is a reminder about the importance of checking smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms regularly.

NFPA provides community toolkits on smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms that public educators can use to help them conduct successful community education campaigns.

En outre, Smoke Alarm Central is a complete source of smoke alarm information. The carbon monoxide safety page provides facts, figures, reports and safety tips regarding what has been called the invisible killer.

Related articles

Door-to-door campaign reveals lack of smoke alarms in South Carolina community
NFPA fournit des nouvelles fiches-conseils de sécurité en español!

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

“Il y a eu zéro décès résidentiels dans les nouvelles constructions:” association Homebuilding désinforme publique sur la réalité des feux de maison d'aujourd'hui

By nfpa@jiveon.com In a story underscoring home fire sprinklers, a local homebuilding association has provided inaccurate information about today’s home

Does your state prohibit requirements for home fire sprinklers?

By nfpa@jiveon.com Earlier this month, we highlighted a story out of Texas, where the state’s homebuilding industry has reportedly spent

Father and son are hospitalized with CO poisoning, recognized the symptoms early enough to be saved

By nfpa@jiveon.com They were conscious and breathing when they arrived at the hospital–a father and son suffering from carbon monoxide