Traduction

New outdoor entertaining webpage highlights fire safety from setting the table to decorating landscapes

title

By LisaMarie Sinatra

Warm balmy nights, food

Did you know? NFPA is now a regular content contributor for Martha Stewart Living! Check out our latest outdoor entertaining blog on her website!

As you take a look at all of our great information, remember, following some simple safety tips and guidelines can help ensure you and your guests stay safe. Consider these tips below when you host your next outdoor event:

  • Have an adult present at all times when a portable fireplace is burning
  • Use sturdy candle holders that won’t tip over easily
  • Keep anything that can burn, as well as children and pets, at least three feet away from open flames
  • Use battery-operated flameless candles and solar-powered patio (tiki) torches in place of an open flame. Flameless candles come in all colors, shapes and sizes, and many are scented. Flameless candles look and feel like the real ones, and add a beautiful soft glow to any outdoor event.

Don’t forget, you can find these tips and more on our website at www.nfpa.org/outdoorentertaining. Take a look today!

Enjoy your summer! And thanks for keeping fire safety top of mind, everyone!

NOTE: Photo first appeared on MarthaStewart.com.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

During news conference, Canadian safety advocates underscore $7.6 billion economic loss from fire in unsprinklered homes

By nfpune@jiveon.com Canadian researchers have quantified the exhorbitant, economic loss associated with residential fires in homes without fire sprinklers. Conducted

New 10-minute mini-lesson focuses on calling 9-1-1 from a mobile phone

By Lisa Braxton The majority of 9-1-1 calls are made from mobile phones these days. It’s important for kids to

Delayed response to sounding smoke alarm results in safe but dramatic escape for Charlottesville, NC, family

By Susan McKelvey Working A kitchen towel was accidentally ignited by a candle in the kitchen, triggering the smoke alarm