Traduction

July is national grilling monthplay it fire safe!

title

By LisaMarie Sinatra

It’s July and you know what that means! repas d'été sur le gril! What better way to celebrate our love of food than with ingredients cooked over an open flame. YUM!

While you’re preparing your next meal and gathering friends and family together, don’t forget to keep safety in mind. Here are a few tips that can help reduce your risk of injuries and structure damage from grill fires:

  • Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
  • The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
  • Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
  • Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
  • Never leave your grill unattended.

Want more great tips? Check out our grilling safety page for videos, tip sheets and more. Got a favorite recipe you plan on dishing out this month? Let us know. We’re always looking for new menu ideas. In need of inspiration? Check out the latest recipes from our partners at Stop & Shop and Martha Stewart.com for some great suggestions. On each site you’ll find everything from how to grill corn on the cob to preparing a beautiful table.

Make your safety and the safety of your guests a priority this month. Enjoy the bounty of the fresh, colorful food summer brings us, and grill it safely. NFPA is here to help. Visit us today!

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

NFPA Public Education Division adds a regional specialist

By Lisa Braxton NFPA has a new employee in the Public Education Division serving as regional education specialist for the

One year after Pulse Nightclub tragedy, new NFPA standard for preparedness and response to active shooter and/or hostile events being developed

As the nation marks the one-year anniversary of the Pulse Nightclub massacre in Orlando this week, a group of experts

Tragédie apporte la sécurité de chauffage domestique dans le foyer

Par appareils de chauffage Lisa Braxton ont été identifiées comme la cause d'un incendie d'une maison en Colombie, South Carolina, samedi…