Traduction

Hot oil left unattended in wok sparks blaze in Australian restaurant

title

By LisaMarie Sinatra

This short but to-the-point article in an Australian newspaper reminded me that no matter where we live in the world, fire safety is and should remain one of our top priorities.

According to

It’s easy to forget or ignore the easy things when we’re in the throes of our busy lives, but let’s see if we can remember these three simple, but life saving messages:

Keep an eye on what you fry
Be alert when cooking
Keep things that can catch fire away from cooking area

According to NFPA, unattended cooking was by far the leading contributing factor in cooking fires. …en savoir plus

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information

Michael S. Williams

Michael S. Williams

Williams a fondé l'Institut de formation des services d'incendie en 1995 pour trouver des solutions aux défis auxquels est confronté le service de pompiers volontaires. Il a été un membre actif de California State Association des pompiers (CSF) depuis 1994, ayant servi aux bénévoles et comités de relations publiques, et en tant que directeur adjoint de la division sud. Il est membre de plusieurs organisations locales, y compris le comté de Santa Barbara incendie Conseil Safe, les agents de formation trois comtés Association, Santa Barbara Chapter of CAER and is a founding member of the Santa Barbara PIO group Emergency Public Information Communicators (EPIC). He has been the author of many articles and a columnist for a local newspaper on public safety matters. He is also the co-host of Community Alert on KZSB AM-1290 in Santa Barbara. Williams has been a member of the California State Board of Fire Services since 2008. Prior to becoming involved in the volunteer fire service, Williams was a California police officer for 12 ½ years and a POST certified Field Training Officer. He is a licensed private investigator and security consultant specializing in self-insured, government and insurance defense assignments.


Related Articles

NFPA staff places their mark on fully sprinklered Habitat for Humanity homes

Par Fred Durso, Jr. The sights and sounds of progress filled two homes in Hanover, Massachusetts, this week. Power saws

Cooking oil to heat homes: One Councilman’s fight for energy alternative

By LisaMarie Sinatra Come October 2016, Queens (NY) residents could become moregreenwith the help from an unexpected source:…

Delayed response to sounding smoke alarm results in safe but dramatic escape for Charlottesville, NC, family

By Susan McKelvey Working A kitchen towel was accidentally ignited by a candle in the kitchen, triggering the smoke alarm