Traduction

Fireplace is ruled the cause of fire at NFL coach’s home

title

By Lisa Braxton

A fire earlier this week at the home of Carolina Panthers Coach Ron Rivera underscores the importance of heating safety. According to ESPN.com, 55 firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire at the Rivera home in the early morning hours on Monday. They found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home when they arrived and had to cut a hole in the roof to get it under control.

Everyone got out safely. The Charlotte Fire Department ruled the fire accidental and caused by the fireplace. Rivera is quoted as saying that his brothers had been watching football all day and the fireplace was on for a number of hours. He said at bedtime the fireplace was shut down but it somehow “smoldered and kicked into high gear later.”

Rivera had high praise for the work of the Charlotte Fire Department. “It’s a heck of a thing to watch their teamwork.When you talk about teamwork, they were tremendous.”

Related articles

My $400 mistake is reinforcing important lessons on fire safety
Smoke alarm safety message is told through engaging video

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

New sprinkler law takes effect in Connecticut following advocacy efforts

Par Fred Durso, Jr. As reported on this blog, a father’s push for increased awareness of home fire sprinklers following

Sparky checks off bucket list item #63: Visits the Washington Monument

By nfpa@jiveon.com Sparky couldn’t have traveled to Washington D.C., without stopping by the Washington Monument before he left. Being one

Modeling safety has its rewards

By nfpa@jiveon.com Mon mari, Alex, and I are writers. We both worked for years as newspaper reporters and taught journalism