Traduction

Extension cord fire leaves two dead

title

By Lisa Braxton

A fire in Palm Beach County, Florida, believed to be started by an extension cord in a mobile home, left twin 14-year-old girls dead and sent their mother to a nearby hospital early today, according to Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.

“We received news early this morning of a horrible tragedy that has taken the lives of two of our students. We are devastated by this unthinkable loss,” the girlsschool principal, Michael Aronson, is quoted in the Palm Beach Post as saying in a written statement.

When firefighters arrived at the home, they saw Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies pulling one person through the front window of the mobile home. Crews made their way into the smoke-filled home, pulled out one occupant and later located the third person.

There was a smoke alarm in the home, but no battery was found inside, according to fire officials.

NFPA’s electrical safety tips and tips sheet offer information about the safe use of electrical cords and extension cords. The electrical safety in the home section of the website offers an overview of electrical safety around the house.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Keep Halloween stress-free for everyone with NFPA’s safety information

By nfpa@jiveon.com Even though Halloween isn’t until next week, Gary, the bulldog and Mia, the Jack Russell Terrier, couldn’t wait

Community’s extensive study and advocacy for home fire sprinklers leads to major victory

Par Fred Durso, Jr. Défenseurs de la sécurité incendie en Floride récoltent les fruits de leur travail suite à une poussée bien pensé…

It’s time to deck the halls, but follow NFPA’s simple safety tips to help keep yourself, family & friends safer from fire

By nfpune@jiveon.com Carefully decorating your home can help make your holidays safer. Compris entre 2009-2014, U.S.. fire departments responded to an