Traduction

Celebrate reading campaign with Sparky School House

title

By Lisa Braxton

If you’ve thought about reading a fire safety story at school or at a community event, now is as fitting a time as any to consider doing so. D.E.A.R.–Drop Everything and Read–is a national, month-long celebration designed to remind folks of all ages to make reading a priority. D.E.A.R. programs have been held nationwide on April 12e in honor of Beverly Cleary, one of the most popular and honored authors of all time. She wrote about D.E.A.R. in the timeless children’s classic, Ramona Quimby, Age 8.

At Sparky School House, you can access Sparky’s Birthday Surprise, a fun story that includes games, activities, coloring pages and even a sing-a-long. Kids can learn fire safety skills in this app, which is aligned to Common Core State Standards in English, Language Arts, and Math. En outre, The Case of the Missing Smoke Alarms teaches kids fire safety skills with a compelling story, standards-aligned materials and loads of fun animations. Both apps are free.

Rescue Dogs, Firefighting Heroes, and Science Facts is a free ebook ideal for reinforcing fire safety messages while building critical education skills and meets Common Core State Standards in English, Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science.

Related articles

Sparky’s Birthday Surprise app wins a ParentsChoice Award
NFPA launches Learn Not to Burn Kindergarten
Beverly Cleary Turns 100 Next Month

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Older adults, at greater risk of fire injury or fatality, could benefit from home fire sprinkler education

By nfpa@jiveon.com Here’s an alarming statistic pulled from NFPA’sCharacteristics of Home Fire Victimsreport: only 13 percent of the

It’s time to prepare the heating system for the season

By nfpa@jiveon.com The temperature is dipping. Space heaters are being turned on. Fireplaces and wood stoves are being fired up.

Maine advocates for expanded CO alarm requirements

By Lisa Braxton In the wake of an incident in which guests at a Maine resort got sick earlier this