Traduction

Candle fire displaces university students

title

By Lisa Braxton

According to The Clarion Ledger, a fire in a Mississippi State University women’s residence hall displaced 198 students Sunday night. No injuries were reported.The fire on the third floor of the four-story residence hall was apparently caused by a candle burning in one of the rooms, a violation of the university housing policy. In addition to fire and smoke damage, the residence hall has extensive water damage.

NFPA’s Candle Safety tip sheet reminds us that flameless candles are a safe alternative. They look and smell like real candles. The College Campus Fire Safety tip sheet offers a number of important reminders as well.

You can review all of our safety tips on the NFPA website.

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

l'installation de gicleurs d'incendie sans prix du concours de la famille

Par Fred Durso, Jr. Sur la photo de gauche à droite: Mike et Judy Hall, qui recevra un libre, l'installation de gicleurs d'incendie à domicile;…

Sparky checks off bucket list item #8: Assister à chaussures en bois de l'Oregon Festival des tulipes

By Audrey Cooney Sparky spent a day at Oregon’s Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, just in time for their annual Tulip

The Fire and Life Safety Educator of the Year discusses benefits of applying for the award

By Lisa Braxton The public education division of NFPA is accepting applications for the Fire and Life Safety Educator of