Traduction

Candle determined cause of fire on college campus

title

By Lisa Braxton

Authorities say a candle caused a fire inside a dorm room on the campus of Robert Morris University in Pennsylvania this week. According to WPXI.com, university relations officials say a student knocked over a burning candle. The fire was contained to the room and quickly put out. No one was injured.The university’s policies and procedures state that candles or incense or the use of other open flame devices are prohibited in university property and will be confiscated if found.

NFPA’s College Campus Fire Safety Tips sheet states that candles should be burned only if the school permits their use. They should be placed away from anything that can burn and blown out when you leave the room or go to sleep. The candle safety tips sheet is another great resource on this topic.

Related articles

Conseils de sécurité les feuilles de NFPA comprennent maintenant une touche personnelle
Let NFPA held you get prepared for winter safety

Source:: NFPA – Safety Information


Related Articles

Family member of fire victims says house had no smoke alarms

By Lisa Braxton Residents of an Ohio community are grieving the loss of a mother and her three children in

Comment maquette réunions municipales peuvent vous aider à sécuriser une exigence de gicleurs d'incendie à domicile

Par Fred Durso, Jr. Illinois fire officials take part in a mock board meeting addressing a home fire sprinkler requirement

There’s no safe way to use consumer fireworks! Attend public displays put on by trained professionals

Par Susan McKelvey Il n'y a aucun moyen sûr d'utiliser des feux d'artifice de consommation. Si cela semble un peu Debbie Downer, nous obtenons…