Traducción

Texas fire officials focus on space heater as cause of house fire

título

Por Lisa Braxton

Two brothers are recovering from burn injuries after a fire at their home this week, which fire officials say originated by a space heater. The fire occurred in the Huntsville, Texas, area. According to The Huntsville Item, one brother suffered severe burns to his upper body as well as smoke inhalation. The other brother reported that he woke up to a fire near a portable space heater plugged into an extension cord. He was able to crawl out of a window and suffered minor burns and cuts. Fire investigators report that the home had no working smoke alarms.

  • Space heaters should be plugged directly into a wall outlet and never into an extention cord or power strip.
  • Turn heaters off or when you leave the room.
  • Have a three-foot safety zone around open fires and space heaters.

More space heater safety tips are available on the NFPA website.

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Argumentos constructor de viviendas a nuevo proyecto de ley de rociadores contrarrestada por el servicio de bomberos de Nueva Jersey

Por Fred Durso, Jr. Capt. James Culbertson con el Departamento de Bomberos de Ventnor City en Nueva Jersey ofreció una respuesta bien escrita…

Cómo adquirir y mantener un requisito de rociadores contra incendios en casa: una conversación con California Bomberos Tonya Hoover

Por Fred Durso, Jr. Ruta de California a un requisito de rociadores en todo el estado era tan larga y ventoso como el ladrillo amarillo…

Pennsylvania municipio quiere requerir alarmas de monóxido de carbono

Por Lisa Braxton La ciudad de Chambersburg, Pensilvania, is seeking to overhaul its property maintenance code to include a requirement