Traducción

Smoke alarms were central to homeowner’s safe escape

título

Por Lisa Braxton

A homeowner and several pets were able to escape a fire that ripped through a home in Tulsa, Oklahoma, last week. According to Tulsa World, the blaze occurred in the morning.

Fire officials say the fire began in the living room of the single-story home before spreading.

Smoke alarms alerted the homeowner, and he and several dogs and cats were able to escape without injury.

Fire investigators at the scene said an overturned kerosene lamp ignited the fire.

This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Hear the Beep Where You Sleep. Every Bedroom Needs a Working Smoke Alarm,” reminds us that half of home fire deaths result from fires reported between 11 p.m. y 7 a.m. when most people are asleep and that it is essential to have working smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.

In addition to FPW materials, Detector de humo de la NFPA central, as well as the community toolkit on smoke alarm safety provide resources the fire service can use when conducting safety presentations to the public.

Related articles

Practice makes a difference when fire strikes home of fire safety educator

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Injury prevention expert urges participation in National Burn Awareness activities

por nfpa@jiveon.com Karla Klas, BSN, RN, CCRP, manages the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center’s nationally acclaimed community and family-centered

National Campus Fire Safety Month Contest works to raise student awareness of fire hazards during September

NFPA, University of New Haven Fire Science Club and The Center for Campus Fire Safety co-host contest in partnership with

Fire Prevention Week activities gain momentum in Delaware

Por nfpa@jiveon.doom Delawareans have plenty of opportunities to become familiar with this year’s Fire Prevention Week (FPW) theme: “Don’t Wait–Check