Traducción

Smoke alarms play critical role during attic fire

título

Por Lisa Braxton

If a two-story house in Weymouth, Massachusetts, had not had working smoke alarms, the outcome of a recent fire could have been far different. Smoke alarms alerted the people living in the home to a fire in the attic. Everyone was able to escape safely.

According to the Weymouth News, the fire department got the 911 call at about 4 in the morning. Fire crews located the fire in the walls and ceiling of the attic. The blaze appears to have been caused by faulty electrical work.

Fire officials say the blaze is a reminder about the importance of checking smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms regularly.

NFPA provides community toolkits on smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms that public educators can use to help them conduct successful community education campaigns.

Adicionalmente, Smoke Alarm Central is a complete source of smoke alarm information. The carbon monoxide safety page provides facts, figures, reports and safety tips regarding what has been called the invisible killer.

Related articles

Door-to-door campaign reveals lack of smoke alarms in South Carolina community
NFPA provides new safety tip sheets en Espanol!

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Erupción de incendios en la cocina causan preocupación en Londres

By LisaMarie Sinatra A recent article from According to the Department, seven kitchen fires have occurred in the month of

Welsh legislator Ann Jones receives NFPA advocacy award for efforts leading to a nationwide requirement for home fire sprinklers

Por nfpa@deveon.com Spearheading legislation to require fire sprinklers in all new homes in Wales, NFPA honored Ann Jones during its

Editorial: Argument against home fire sprinklers is a flimsy one

por nfpun@jiveonorte.com Following a story appearing in the Kansas City Star underscoring the deadly effects of banning home fire sprinkler