Traducción

Smoke alarms play critical role during attic fire

título

Por Lisa Braxton

If a two-story house in Weymouth, Massachusetts, had not had working smoke alarms, the outcome of a recent fire could have been far different. Smoke alarms alerted the people living in the home to a fire in the attic. Everyone was able to escape safely.

According to the Weymouth News, the fire department got the 911 call at about 4 in the morning. Fire crews located the fire in the walls and ceiling of the attic. The blaze appears to have been caused by faulty electrical work.

Fire officials say the blaze is a reminder about the importance of checking smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms regularly.

NFPA provides community toolkits on smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms that public educators can use to help them conduct successful community education campaigns.

Adicionalmente, Smoke Alarm Central is a complete source of smoke alarm information. The carbon monoxide safety page provides facts, figures, reports and safety tips regarding what has been called the invisible killer.

Related articles

Door-to-door campaign reveals lack of smoke alarms in South Carolina community
NFPA provides new safety tip sheets en Espanol!

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Recent fire in New Jersey likely caused by burning candles

Por nfpa@jergaon.com Burning candles in an apartment building bedroom in Princeton, New Jersey, was likely the cause of a recent

Home fire sprinkler advocates nationwide honored for their efforts

Por nfpa@jiveon.com Cindy Giedraitis (left), regional manager with the National Fire Sprinkler Association, joined Texas State Fire Marshal Chris Connealy

NFPA produce vídeo de 360 ​​grados de un / demostración de rociadores contra incendios quemado vivo

Por nfpa@jiveon.com During an event that launched the new Rhode Island Fire Sprinkler Coalition, NFPA filmed a live burn/fire sprinkler