Traducción

Maryland hombre dice alarma de monóxido de carbono le salvó la vida

título

Por Lisa Braxton

Don Anderson of Marion, North Carolina, was taking a nap on a recent day when his combination smoke-carbon monoxide alarm sounded. “The beeping woke me up,” he said. He called the fire department and fire inspector Kevin Owenby said he smelled an odor as he walked into the house. The other firefighter on the scene started having headaches after they got Anderson out of the home.

According to a news report, all three of them tested positive for elevated levels of carbon monoxide. Anderson said that he since learned that the gas logs he’d been using to heat his home were broken.

NFPA’s community toolkit on carbon monoxide alarms, co-sponsored with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, provides everything public educators need to motivate residents to install and maintain carbon monoxide alarms: safety tips sheets, in English and Spanish, easy to read handouts in multiple languages, temas de conversación, a mini-lesson, and community outreach ideas.

Related articles

NFPA provides new safety tip sheets en Espanol!
NFPA’s safety tips sheets now include a personal touch
New 10-minute mini lesson on carbon monoxide safety gets you ready for your next presentation
As the weather changes firefighters remind residents about heating safety
Door-to-door campaign reveals lack of smoke alarms in South Carolina community

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Casey Subvención nombrado director ejecutivo de la Fundación de Investigación de Protección contra Incendios de la NFPA

Casey Grant has been named executive director of the Fire Protection Research Foundation. The Foundation, an affiliate of the National

Bomberos de Ontario utiliza la creatividad para compartir el tema de la semana de prevención de incendios

por nfpa@jivyn.clam A firefighter with Sarnia Fire Rescue in Ontario combined artistic vision with excellent carving skills to present the

Ontario marks Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week

Por nFpa@jyoveon.com The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management, Toronto General Hospital, and the Technical Standards and Safety