Traducción

Si usted no puede oler o ver monóxido de carbono - ¿Cómo superar este asesino silencioso?

título

Por Kelly Ransdell

With a winter storm behind us and about 2 months of cold temperatures still to come, carbon monoxide is a major concern all year but especially now. Last week, Charlotte Fire Department, Kidde Fire Safety and NFPA teamed up to educate the public on carbon monoxide safety. On the heels of the two family members that lost their life in South Carolina when a generator was closed in a garage and a carbon monoxide alarm that sounded after a faulty heater in Marion NC, safety advocates worked with the media to let the citizens of the two states know about what carbon monoxide is, the signs and symptoms of CO, and safety tips.

Having a working carbon monoxide alarm on each level of your home can save your life. The Medical Director of the Carolinas Poison Center was on site to discuss the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. NFPA has a Carbon Monoxide Community Toolkit that has free resources at your fingertips. Whether you need information on generator safety with our partners the Consumer Product Safety Commission or a 10 minute mini lesson- we are here to help.

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Hoarding conditions lead to another house fire in Norwalk, Connecticut

por nfpun@jiveon.doom A Norwalk, Connecticut, man died recently in a house fire fueled by hoarded belongings. This is the second

Smoke alarms credited with saving an Iowa child

By Lisa Braxton Smoke alarms likely helped save the life of an 8-year-old girl in Camanche, Iowa. According to KWQC-TV6,

Smoking materials fire displaces 22 in New York State

By Lisa Braxton Ten adults and 11 children were displaced from their homes earlier this week after an apartment building