Traducción

Los incendios conducen a tragedias en la comunidad de Nueva Inglaterra

título

Por Lisa Braxton

On New Year’s Eve I was back in Bridgeport, Connecticut, my hometown, with my family, looking forward to watching the television broadcast of the ball dropping at Times Square. We had no idea of the misfortune that was unfolding across town that day.

Acerca de 120 people were forced from their homes as a two-alarm fire ripped through a condo building and raged for hours. According to NBC Connecticut, part of the building collapsed, several units were destroyed, and people lost Christmas gifts and the rest of their possessions. The fire appears to have started in the garage, where several cars were burning under the building. Firefighters used aerial ladders to rescue people trapped inside. No residents were hurt.

As the community reeled over this tragedy, more was to come. Days later, a three-year-old girl died in an apparent stove fire that ravaged a condo unit, hospitalizing five others, including her mother, the condo owner, and three children. According to news reports, Bridgeport authorities say smoke alarms were disabled. They want to know why. The fire remains under investigation.

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Ignoring the sound of the carbon monoxide alarm put an Indiana family in the hospital

Por nFpa@jiveonorte.clam An Indiana family is recovering after suffering carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in their home over the weekend. According

New fire safety tip sheet on the dangers of oily rags can take the worry out of home improvement projects

por nfpa@jiveon.com Are you doing spring cleaning and home improvement projects? If so, you’ll want to take precautions. Keep in

Air Force base in Massachusetts has big plans for Sparky during Fire Prevention Week

por NFPA@jiveon.com Sparky the Fire Dog® will be making a whirlwind tour of Hanscom Air Force Base the week of