Traducción

Fireplace is ruled the cause of fire at NFL coach’s home

título

Por Lisa Braxton

A fire earlier this week at the home of Carolina Panthers Coach Ron Rivera underscores the importance of heating safety. According to ESPN.com, 55 firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire at the Rivera home in the early morning hours on Monday. They found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home when they arrived and had to cut a hole in the roof to get it under control.

Everyone got out safely. The Charlotte Fire Department ruled the fire accidental and caused by the fireplace. Rivera is quoted as saying that his brothers had been watching football all day and the fireplace was on for a number of hours. He said at bedtime the fireplace was shut down but it somehow “smoldered and kicked into high gear later.”

Rivera had high praise for the work of the Charlotte Fire Department. “It’s a heck of a thing to watch their teamwork.When you talk about teamwork, they were tremendous.”

Related articles

My $400 mistake is reinforcing important lessons on fire safety
Smoke alarm safety message is told through engaging video

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

USAA recognizes value of Firewise program to help protect Oregon residences

The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and NFPA’s Firewise Communities/USA® Recognition Program provided the community action framework and local data

NFPA has the tools you’ll need for National Preparedness Month

Por nfpaga@jivmion.doom September is National Preparedness Month (NPM), when we focus on taking steps to prepare for emergencies in our

Calling all U.S. fire departments: Are you ready for your close-up?

Fire departments that think they’re worthy of some “flashy” attention should start getting camera-ready: Between now and October 7, 2016,…