Traducción

Fire in the Northwest is a reminder to practice safety while heating

título

Por Lisa Braxton

Fire investigators in Spokane, Washington, have determined that a fireplace and chimney were to blame for a house fire last week. Spokane firefighters were able to keep the home from burning to the ground. The three people living there said they had been using their fireplace the past few days without a problem. Last Friday they tended to it, went to bed and woke up Saturday morning to the sound of smoke alarms.

Spokane Fire Battalion Chief Ryan Reding was quoted by KXLY-TV, asking members of the public for vigilance in making sure they have working smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, (CO) and that they conduct regular maintenance on their heating appliances. These are important reminders anytime of the year, but especially now, as people are turning up the heat.

Heating equipment is a leading cause of home fire deaths. Half of home heating equipment fires are reported during the months of December, Enero, and February.

The heating safety section of the NFPA website provides a number of resources, including statistics, videos and reports, heating safety tips, as well as a safety tips sheet with information on chimney and fireplace safety. The tips sheet also highlights the importance of having working CO alarms.

Smoke Alarm Central is your complete source of smoke alarm information.

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

En este estado, fuego civiles víctimas mortales hasta un asombroso 40 por ciento respecto al año pasado

Por nfpa@jiVeon.com How bad has the fire problem been in Virginia this year? Consider this: since the start of 2018,

NFPA awards James M. Shannon Advocacy Medal to Ann Jones for advocacy efforts

En 2007, Jones headed a legislative proposal that would give Wales authority to ensure that all new homes are fitted

Home fire sprinkler advocates nationwide honored for their efforts

Por nfSin embargo,@jiveon.doom Cindy Giedraitis (left), regional manager with the National Fire Sprinkler Association, joined Texas State Fire Marshal Chris Connealy