Traducción

Fire chief: Sprinklers would have prevented horrific fire that claimed a life

Por Fred Durso, Jr. People leaped from second- and third-story windows. Others cried for help. Someone had no choice but to toss a baby from a window. These were the realities of a recent residential fire in Palmer, Massachusetts. Not everyone escaped with their life, however. A 53-year-old woman died in the blaze, caused by a candle in the woman’s home, according to a news story by WWLP. Palmer’s Fire Chief Alan Roy told the station that tenants had heard the smoke alarms, but didn’t evacuate until the fire department arrived. Roy also told a local ABC affiliate that the horrific scenario might have

Fuente:: NFPA – Fire Sprinkler Initiative


Artículos relacionados

Air Force base in Massachusetts has big plans for Sparky during Fire Prevention Week

por nfpaga@jivmionorte.clam Sparky the Fire Dog® will be making a whirlwind tour of Hanscom Air Force Base the week of

NFPA’s member magazine dedicates entire issue to home fire sprinklers

Por nfpa@jiveon.com Showcasing its commitment to increasing safety at home, NFPA has produced an issue of its magazine solely dedicated