Traducción

Extension cord fire leaves two dead

title

Por Lisa Braxton

A fire in Palm Beach County, Florida, believed to be started by an extension cord in a mobile home, left twin 14-year-old girls dead and sent their mother to a nearby hospital early today, according to Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.

“We received news early this morning of a horrible tragedy that has taken the lives of two of our students. We are devastated by this unthinkable loss,” the girlsschool principal, Michael Aronson, is quoted in the Palm Beach Post as saying in a written statement.

When firefighters arrived at the home, they saw Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies pulling one person through the front window of the mobile home. Crews made their way into the smoke-filled home, pulled out one occupant and later located the third person.

There was a smoke alarm in the home, but no battery was found inside, according to fire officials.

NFPA’s electrical safety tips and tips sheet offer information about the safe use of electrical cords and extension cords. The electrical safety in the home section of the website offers an overview of electrical safety around the house.

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

NFPA’s “Project Holiday” campaign reminds everyone to deck the halls this season with fire safety in mind

By LisaMarie Sinatra When you’re decking the halls this year, make sure to keep fire safety in mind. Eso es…

U.S. Aire Force Academy se convierte en primer participante militar en Comunidades Firewise Programa de Reconocimiento / USA®

The National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) Comunidades Firewise® Programa ha alcanzado un hito al anunciar la U.S. Air Force Academy

NFPA anuncia la designación de Rafa Yañez como el nuevo líder de desarrollo de negocios en América Latina,en

In an effort to better meet the needs of Latin America and Spain, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has