Traducción

Explosivo fuego en su casa de California cree que debido al cigarrillo encendido y el tanque de oxígeno médico

title

Por Lisa Braxton

Two people were killed and two others injured after a home in Altadena, California, caught fire on the weekend.

According to Eyewitness News ABC7, Los Angeles County firefighters arrived to find the home engulfed in flames. A 58-year-old man and his mother, 86, were killed. Neighbors said they heard an explosion at the home. Authorities believe the woman, who used an oxygen tank, was smoking a cigarette.

Oxygen is not flammable, but fire needs it to burn. When more oxygen is present, any fire that starts will burn hotter and faster than usual. There is no safe way to smoke in a home when oxygen is in use.

NFPA’s medical oxygen information and safety tips sheet provide more on the safe use of medical oxygen.

Neighbors said the man and his mother lived in the home for more than 30 año. Two other people who lived there were injured in the fire and taken to a nearby hospital.

Related articles

Educational Messages Desk Reference isgo-todocument for fire and life safety educator

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

Voters send message that sprinkler requirements for new homes should remain in model building code

por nfpa@jivelan.com As previously reported on this blog, a crucial vote took place on a proposal to place a requirement

The Philip J DiNenno Prize awarded for the development of oxygen consumption calorimetry

The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) announced that oxygen consumption calorimetry is the technical achievement to receive this year’s Philip

Attention Canadian advocates: You can secure free funds for home fire sprinkler education

Por nfpa@jivmion.com It’s a good year to be a Canadian advocate for home fire sprinklers. First, the Home Fire Sprinkler