Traducción

Elementary school wins first place in FPW bulletin board contest

título

Por Lisa Braxton

Polo Ridge Elementary School, in Charlotte, North Carolina, won first place in the Charlotte Fire Department’s 25º Annual Bulletin Board Contest. According to the fire department, the first-place win included a surprise awards ceremony at the school last week, as well as a check for $3,000, a plaque, student and teacher prizes, and the opportunity to keep the traveling trophy for a year.

During the awards celebration, students demonstrated how to get low and go under smoke, and divided into teams in a race to help firefighters put on their turnout gear.

Charlotte Fire Department and the Mecklenburg County Fire Marshal’s Office sponsor the program, in IMG_1317 which third grade students created a bulletin board focused on this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: Hear the Beep Where You Sleep. Every Bedroom Needs a Working Smoke Alarm. Schools submitted a photo of their bulletin board and a two-minute video in which students explained how they created the entry and how it ties in with the theme.

This year, 30 schools participated and six took home prizes.

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

November/December issue of NFPA Journal covers major topics from a near-record-setting wildfire season

La última edición de la norma NFPA Journal®, the official magazine for the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), aborda comida para llevar de un…

seminario web gratuito disponible en el fuego en los nuevos hogares de hoy en día y la necesidad de rociadores contra incendios en casa

Por nFpun@jiveon.doom Why are today’s new homes raising eyebrows among fire safety experts across North America? While more economical and

Presentado con los hechos acerca de rociadores contra incendios, ayuntamiento de la ciudad pasa ordenanza que exige esta medida de seguridad en todas las casas nuevas

por NFPA@jiveon.com Washington State residents are celebrating a victory this month after the Camas City Council approved an ordinance to