Traducción

Candle fire displaces university students

title

Por Lisa Braxton

According to The Clarion Ledger, a fire in a Mississippi State University women’s residence hall displaced 198 students Sunday night. No injuries were reported.The fire on the third floor of the four-story residence hall was apparently caused by a candle burning in one of the rooms, a violation of the university housing policy. In addition to fire and smoke damage, the residence hall has extensive water damage.

NFPA’s Candle Safety tip sheet reminds us that flameless candles are a safe alternative. They look and smell like real candles. The College Campus Fire Safety tip sheet offers a number of important reminders as well.

You can review all of our safety tips on the NFPA website.

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

La seguridad contra incendios pertenece en la lista de verificación de limpieza de primavera

By Lisa Braxton When the first day of spring arrives on March 20, many of us will turn our attention

NFPA y verde generador de dispositivos de liberación de libros electrónicos en el diseño de viviendas con la mitigación de incendios forestales en cuenta

The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) y verde Constructor Media anunció el lanzamiento de su más reciente libro electrónico, “Design with Fire

NFPA encourages prompt removal and disposal of Christmas trees

The gifts have been opened, the ornaments are starting to sag, and the fallen pine needles are multiplying daily –