Traducción

Candle determined cause of fire on college campus

título

Por Lisa Braxton

Authorities say a candle caused a fire inside a dorm room on the campus of Robert Morris University in Pennsylvania this week. According to WPXI.com, university relations officials say a student knocked over a burning candle. The fire was contained to the room and quickly put out. No one was injured.The university’s policies and procedures state that candles or incense or the use of other open flame devices are prohibited in university property and will be confiscated if found.

NFPA’s College Campus Fire Safety Tips sheet states that candles should be burned only if the school permits their use. They should be placed away from anything that can burn and blown out when you leave the room or go to sleep. The candle safety tips sheet is another great resource on this topic.

Related articles

NFPA’s safety tips sheets now include a personal touch
Let NFPA held you get prepared for winter safety

Fuente:: NFPA – Información de seguridad


Artículos relacionados

More Canadian versions of NFPA educational materials are available

por nfpun@jiveon.doom Additional educational resources that include Canadian spellings and data are available for the Canadian fire service, public educators

NFPA 2016 Llevar Programa de Seguridad en el Hogar de Grant se anunció

To further the life-saving impact of home fire sprinklers, the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) Rociadores contra incendios una vez más Initiativeis…

Editorial: Legislators need to consider sprinkler requirements for new homes

Por nfpaga@jyoveonorte.com A newspaper editor is backing requirements for home fire sprinklers after seeing fire’s devastation firsthand. Invited to a